Botox cost - injection prices and guide
Whether you’re interested in Botox to slow down the ageing process, treat migraines, sweating, or any of the other conditions it helps improve, there is no doubt it’s an investment that yields results.
So how much does Botox cost, and what’s included in the price?
Find a clinic or practitioner near you and enjoy a risk-free booking process thanks to free in-clinic consultations and the option to pay in-clinic. Also, you can now split the cost of your treatment into four equal, interest-free instalments using Tabby.
In this article:
1 session every 3-4 months
Duration of results
2 to 6 months
Back to work
Full recovery time
> 42 AED per unit
Optional pain relief
How much does Botox cost?
There’s no one-size-fits-all Botox cost. The price you’re quoted will depend on the clinic providing the treatment. Other things that influence the Botox price include:
- The size of the area being treated.
- The number of units required. A Botox price is worked out per unit, with different volumes needed depending on the facial area and type of wrinkle being treated.
- How often you need injections. The effects of Botox wear off after a few months so you may need to book repeat appointments to maintain the look.
The typical Botox price can be upwards of Dhs42 per unit. You can get exact quotes by contacting approved clinics using our clinic locator.
Treatment and benefits
It’s famous for fighting signs of ageing, but how does Botox actually work?
Discover how this injectable softens fine lines and wrinkles – and find out how else it can be used to rejuvenate your skin.
What is included in the Botox injection price?
The Botox price can include everything from an initial consultation with a clinician, to the cost of materials, the procedure itself, and aftercare guidance.
If you’re happy to go ahead with the treatment and there are no concerns about your medical record, the clinic will calculate the amount of Botox needed. You may be charged per Botox unit or by facial area. Forehead lines generally require around 20 units, while crow’s feet might need around 12.
It may only take 10 minutes to complete the procedure but remember that the Botox cost covers the expertise of an approved practitioner.
Your clinician will usually:
- Clean your face to prepare it for the injection.
- Ask you to move your facial muscles to find a good injection point.
- Use a fine needle to inject the muscles in the target area with Botox.
Is the Botox cost worth it?
Is Botox permanent?
No. No matter whether you’re having Botox for wrinkles or for migraines, it only offers a temporary solution. Its effects usually last for three to four months and you’ll need follow-up injections. However, it may be best to wait three months before getting another Botox treatment, as too many can reduce its effectiveness.
Can you have Botox preventatively?
Preventative Botox is often used by younger people to stop faint wrinkles becoming deeper. It can involve two to four treatments a year. The Botox price should be in the same range as regular treatments.
How can I find Botox near me?
Find a clinic near you with our online locator.
When it comes to treating the effects of ageing, Botox isn’t your only option.
- Serums and creams. Antioxidant creams are easy to buy and shouldn’t break the bank. But while Botox is almost guaranteed to affect your skin, it may take a while to find a cream that works for you. You’ll need to use skincare daily for it to have any affect.
- Vitamins. Taking vitamins or supplements could improve your skin quality over time. Vitamins C, D and E are all great for reducing wrinkles, improving dark spots, and hydrating your skin.
- Chemical peels. These remove the top layer of your skin to get rid of any dead skin cells and help fresh skin grow back more smoothly. But they still require a skincare specialist to carry out the treatment and you may need a few sessions until you see results.
- Fillers. Dermal fillers could add more volume to areas like your cheeks and mouth helping to create a more youthful appearance. They usually need topping up every six to twelve months.
- Botox was the most popular non-surgical cosmetic procedure in the world in 2019.
- Botox treatments are based on a toxin created by the Clostridium botulinum.
Use our clinic locator to book your treatment – and choose between paying online, paying in-clinic, or splitting payments into four equal instalments with Tabby.
*Terms and conditions: The gift card should be used before the end of the card validity period (which shall occur 12 months counted as from the date of purchase). Upon the expiry date, the gift card will become invalid for use. The gift card can be used for any treatment including special offers and with any clinic listed on selfologi.com. If the value of the treatment is less than the gift card value you will loose the remaining balance. The gift card cannot be spread across multiple bookings, cannot be combined with other promo codes, and cannot be redeemed for cash.