Dermalinfusion – how does it work, and is it effective?
Dermalinfusion – now known as DiamondGlow– is a patented treatment to help you achieve healthy, glowing skin in less than 30 minutes.
Whether you’re looking to smooth out the fine lines on your face or treat left-over acne scars, a Dermalinfusion facial can help. In fact, one session is thought to plump your skin’s volume by up to 70 per cent.
So, how does the treatment work? And how does it compare to others?
Find a clinic or practitioner near you and enjoy a risk-free booking process thanks to free in-clinic consultations and the option to pay in-clinic. Also, you can now split the cost of your treatment into four equal, interest-free instalments using Tabby.
In this article:
6 sessions plus top-ups
Duration of results
Up to 3 days
Back to work
Full recovery time
550 AED to 1,100 AED
What is Dermalinfusion?
Dermalinfusion or DiamondGlow is one of the latest skin resurfacing techniques to hit the clinics, created by popular dermatology brand SilkPeel. It employs a unique FDA-approved technology to treat various skin conditions, including:
- Fine lines and wrinkles.
- Dry skin.
- Acne and acne scars.
- Sun damage.
It’s most comparable to microdermabrasion in the way it works and that it can be used on multiple parts of the body, though it is most commonly applied to the face, neck and upper chest. It can also be used to treat more sensitive areas, such as the lips or eyes, where traditional microdermabrasion usually can’t be applied. It also infuses a unique serum onto the skin unlike microdermabrasion.
How does Dermalinfusion work?
Here’s what you can expect from your very own Dermalinfusion facial.
The science behind it
It uses a diamond-tipped wand that treats the skin in three key ways:
- Exfoliates your skin to encourage renewal.
- Extracts dead skin cells and dirt from your pores.
- Infuses skin with a serum that’s tailored to your goals – such as hyaluronic acid for dry skin or salicylic acid for acne.
Depending on what you want to achieve from your treatment, the wand and type of serum used can be adjusted to cater to more sensitive areas or conditions.
Before the treatment
Before you go ahead with the treatment, you’ll need to let your clinician know about your skin concerns and goals. Then they can adjust the wand to a gentler or coarser exfoliating setting that suits the treatment area and recommend the best serum for your needs.
They may also ask about your medical history to make sure the treatment is suitable. For example, if you have a weak immune system, active cold sores, or any form of skin cancer, it may not be the right choice for you.
If you’re given the OK, you should avoid the following for at least one week before the treatment:
- Intense sunlight.
- Tanning lotions, sprays, or mousses.
- Retin-A (tretinoin) – a topical vitamin A cream used to treat acne.
- Other facial treatments, such as chemical peels.
During the treatment
Your Dermalinfusion facial should last around 30 minutes. Your practitioner should focus on the treatment area, running the diamond-tipped wand across your skin to activate the three-in-one process – exfoliating the top layer, extracting debris, and infusing the serum.
Following the treatment, you can expect to see a visible increase in your skin’s volume for a plumper appearance, with a healthy post-facial glow that usually lasts up to three days.
You may experience some redness around the treated area, but this should fade. You can return to your usual routine straight away.
Just remember to avoid any direct sunlight for the first few days and wear a high SPF when you are out and about. You should also stop using any retinol serums, acids, and exfoliating scrubs.
How much is Dermalinfusion? Plus, other things you need to know
How much does Dermalinfusion cost?
Dermalinfusion treatments usually cost between Dhs550 and Dhs1,100. Prices can vary depending on the location and clinic, so make sure you do your research beforehand to ensure you choose a qualified dermatologist.
Is Dermalinfusion permanent?
No, it is not a permanent treatment. Clinicians usually recommend that you have six sessions every two weeks to build up the initial effects. You should then try to have a top-up every four to six weeks to achieve a long-lasting, healthy glow.
How can I find Dermalinfusion facials near me?
Use the selfologi locator tool to find your nearest clinic.
If Dermalinfusion isn’t the right treatment for you, there are other anti-ageing methods that you may want to consider. These include:
- Microdermabrasion – this is a popular procedure that tackles fine lines, acne scars and stretch marks. It uses a crystal or diamond-tipped device (like Dermalinfusion) to exfoliate and remove dead skin, but without the added benefits of a custom serum. While it varies per clinic and location, you can expect to pay an average of Dhs750 per session.
- Chemical peels – chemical peels can resurface the skin on your face, hands, or neck. Depending on the level you choose, the procedure can last between 30 and 90 minutes, with deeper peels requiring up to three weeks of recovery. A chemical peel costs between Dhs299 to Dhs999.
- Microneedling – a microneedling treatment lasts for up to 20 minutes and repeatedly pricks the top of your skin, stimulating collagen production for a youthful look. It usually costs less than Dermalinfusion at Dhs700 per session, but recovery takes a few days.
- Laser therapy – if you’re looking for something long-lasting, you might have heard of laser skin resurfacing for treating your wrinkles and scars. This treatment tends to be more expensive – around Dhs5,000 to Dhs15,000 - although fewer sessions are required.
Use our clinic locator to book your treatment – and choose between paying online, paying in-clinic, or splitting payments into four equal instalments with Tabby.
*Terms and conditions: The gift card should be used before the end of the card validity period (which shall occur 12 months counted as from the date of purchase). Upon the expiry date, the gift card will become invalid for use. The gift card can be used for any treatment including special offers and with any clinic listed on selfologi.com. If the value of the treatment is less than the gift card value you will loose the remaining balance. The gift card cannot be spread across multiple bookings, cannot be combined with other promo codes, and cannot be redeemed for cash.