Rhinoplasty cost - how much it is, and finding prices
Rhinoplasty, commonly known as a nose job, is surgery that allows you to change the shape of your nose for cosmetic or medical reasons.
Whether you want to make your nose smaller or bigger or have problems breathing and want to improve your airways, various factors can affect the price of the procedure. So how much does rhinoplasty cost?
Find a clinic or practitioner near you and enjoy a risk-free booking process thanks to free in-clinic consultations and the option to pay in-clinic. Also, you can now split the cost of your treatment into four equal, interest-free instalments using Tabby.
In this article:
Duration of results
Back to work
Full recovery time
10,000 AED to 50,000 AED
Up to 3 hours
Local or general anaesthetic
How much is rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty costs vary depending on:
- The extent of the operation and the level of complexity.
- How long it takes.
- The surgeon’s level of experience.
- Where you have the surgery done.
Remember that pricing will vary by country and even city.
In Dubai, the average cost of rhinoplasty surgery is between Dhs25,000 and Dhs35,000 AED. In Abu Dhabi, the price can be anywhere between Dhs10,000 and Dhs50,000.
What is included in the procedure?
Everyone has different needs and will be looking for specific results, and your individual goals will shape the overall price. Therefore, an initial consultation is key to getting an idea of cost.
- Closed or open rhinoplasty: This determines where the incisions are made, with open surgeries making them outside the nose. Closed surgeries make incisions inside the nostrils only, so scarring is less visible.
- Septorhinoplasty: A common choice for patients who have a deviated septum, this type of rhinoplasty can improve breathing.
- Rhino-tip surgery: This is done to change the shape of the nose by modifying the cartilage structure.
- Non-surgical rhinoplasty: Your clinician will inject fillers in areas where you want minor changes to your nose.
Closed surgery requires a great level of skill so tends to be rarer and more expensive than open.
A non-surgical option, meanwhile, is typically much cheaper – starting at around 3,500 AED. However, the results will not be permanent so you will have to repeatedly have the procedure.
If you have an especially ‘fleshy’ or cartilage-heavy nose, modifying the shape can be more costly, while procedures that only narrow the nose tend to be more affordable.
- You will have general anaesthesia and will be asleep for the duration of the surgery.
- Surgery can take up to three hours, depending on the procedure.
- Fatigue and nausea can be common following your operation, and you will be prescribed pain relief – typically included in the price. If you wish to stay overnight following the surgery, remember to check with the clinic because this may affect the overall rhinoplasty cost.
Rhinoplasty: finding prices
How to find the right surgeon
You’ll want to ensure your doctor has the proper credentials and is certified. You will also want to feel comfortable with them, and happy that they understand what you want to achieve. Feel free to ask them:
- About their qualifications.
- How many rhinoplasties they have performed?
- What their patient satisfaction ratings are?
While more experienced surgeons can be more expensive, it is important to choose someone who can safely deliver the results you’re looking for.
Use selfologi’s clinic listings to find recommendations near you and get an initial idea of rhinoplasty costs.
Talk to your surgeon
If you have any concerns about the procedure or side-effects, your surgeon will be able to advise you – this is also an ideal time to discuss pricing and what might affect it.
Common questions you can ask include:
- How will you do the surgery? Will it be opened or closed?
- Will there be any pain relief? Is this included in the price?
- Can I go home the same day after the operation? If I stay over, will it cost more?
- If there are any complications, what could they be? And would I be charged for these follow-ups?
Some surgeons use enhanced imagery to show you how your nose could look after surgery. If your clinic offers this service, make sure to ask if it costs extra.
- There are 14 different shapes of human noses, including the Greek nose, the fleshy nose and the ‘hawk’. Your nose shape may actually affect how much a rhinoplasty costs.
- Your nose has established its shape by the time you’re 10 years old, slowly growing until age 15 to 17 for women and 17 to 19 for men. However, over time, gravity pulls the nose down, causing it to lengthen and droop – especially at the tip.
All of the content and material of selfologi.com (the “Website”), such as text, treatments, dosages, outcomes, charts, profiles, graphics, photographs, images, advice, messages, forum postings, and any other material (the “Content”) are provided on this Website on an "as is" basis for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for nor intended to replace professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your health. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website. Many external links have been provided on this Website as a service and convenience to visitors to our Website. These external sites are created and maintained by other public and private organizations. Selfologi DMCC does not control or guarantee the information of external websites and does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Website, or on any linked websites, apps and/or services. Reliance on any Content provided by Selfologi DMCC, by persons appearing on the Website at the invitation of Selfologi DMCC, or by other members is solely at your own risk. If you think you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or emergency medical services immediately. If you have any questions or comments about the website, please contact us.