Velashape treatment – what it is, how it works and side-effects
Velashape is a non-invasive treatment that targets cellulite and loose areas of skin. It’s relatively pain-free and can be used on a range of areas, including the stomach, legs, and upper arms. It can even target sagging skin under the chin.
But how does Velashape work and is it right for you?
Find a clinic or practitioner near you and enjoy a risk-free booking process thanks to free in-clinic consultations and the option to pay in-clinic. Also, you can now split the cost of your treatment into four equal, interest-free instalments using Tabby.
In this article:
3 to 6 sessions
Duration of results
6 months to 1 year
Back to work
Full recovery time
30 mins to 1 hour
OTC pain relief
What is Velashape treatment?
Velashape is a non-surgical, skin tightening procedure. It can help reduce the visibility of skin dimples and cellulite as well as helping to tighten mildly loose skin caused by ageing or weight loss.
It works externally on the skin, using a range of heat and massage techniques. It’s a temporary procedure that will require repeat sessions to see the best results. It can be used on all skin types and has very few side effects.
Treatment and benefits
Want to see exactly how Velashape tightens skin and smooths cellulite?
Take a look at this body contouring treatment in action – and get an idea of what you can expect from your appointment.
How does a Velashape treatment work?
The science behind it
Velashape uses infrared light, bipolar radiofrequency, and mechanical massage to target specific areas. The heat breaks up the fatty tissue, which, combined with the massage can result in firm, smooth and even skin – reducing the visibility of any dimples.
This treatment is far less invasive than operations such as tummy tucks and facelifts but can still achieve desired results.
Before the treatment
- Drink plenty of water at least a week before the treatment day. It’s recommended that you drink between 2.5 and 3.5 litres of water a day.
- Don’t eat immediately before the treatment. Instead, enjoy a light meal three hours prior.
- Remove any hair from the area you’re having treated. Waxing is recommended, but you can shave if it’s preferred.
- Avoid tanning treatments up to one week before.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothes.
- Avoid blood thinners, such as aspirin and ibuprofen.
- Tell your consultant if you are on any medication or have any skin conditions.
Browse clinics for Velashape
During the treatment
Velashape’s hand-held device will be massaged over the targeted area. The heat along with the massaging helps to break down fat cells in the area and encourage blood flow.
You may need to wear a compression garment on the area and avoid any strenuous activities or exercise. You should ideally wait a week before returning to your normal activities, or longer if the area still feels tender.
What are the side-effects of Velashape treatment? Plus, everything else you need to know
What are the side effects of Velashape?
You may experience a few side effects, including swelling and tenderness, but that should ease with time and rest.
Other side effects include:
How much does Velashape cost?
Velashape costs around Dhs700 for two sessions.
How can I find Velashape treatment near me?
You can easily find a clinic offering Velashape using selfologi’s clinic locator.
There are alternative treatments available to reduce cellulite if you feel Velashape isn’t right for you, including:
- Laser therapy: Like Velashape, laser therapy treatment uses energy to break up fatty tissue under the skin which can reduce the sign of any dimples. The treatment also helps to thicken the skin which can help to prevent the appearance of cellulite returning in the future.
- Cellulite affects women more than men due to a combination of hormones and the structure of connective tissue.
- Infrared has also been used in some therapies to help with pain relief, relaxation, and lowering blood pressure.
- Around 10 per cent of men get cellulite but they tend to have more supportive connective tissue in their bodies – which is what keeps cellulite at bay.
*Terms and conditions: The gift card should be used before the end of the card validity period (which shall occur 12 months counted as from the date of purchase). Upon the expiry date, the gift card will become invalid for use. The gift card can be used for any treatment including special offers and with any clinic listed on selfologi.com. If the value of the treatment is less than the gift card value you will loose the remaining balance. The gift card cannot be spread across multiple bookings, cannot be combined with other promo codes, and cannot be redeemed for cash.